Senior Finance Analyst
Reference: GM / SFA
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Senior Finance
Closing date: 01/04/2018
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Their values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything they do.
Currently recruiting a Senior Finance Analyst to support the Finance Manager for NG Bailey Group.
Within this role you will engage with central function stakeholders to prepare the monthly cost centre variance reports along with quarterly forecasting and budgeting. You’ll also have key month end responsibilities, including preparing monthly central recharges and balance sheet reconciliations.
This diverse and challenging role, within a Finance team undergoing a transitional period of change, will offer the right candidate an opportunity to put their own mark on the role and will include exposure to the Group Financial Controller as well as senior internal stakeholders who head up the central functions.
You main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and analysis of monthly cost centre reports, and other MI reports for distribution, constructively challenging overhead spend and the reasons behind variances
- Leading monthly reviews with cost centre owners to understand movements and provide finance support
- Preparation of monthly recharges to business units challenging how and when this is done, to improve the timeliness of reporting
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, managing the central accruals and prepayments process through engaging with central cost centre owners
- Managing and developing the Finance Analyst within the team
- Supporting the Finance Manager in completing the central forecasting and budgeting process, engaging with the central cost centre owners
- Supporting central cost centre owners with review of business cases and development of longer term strategies
- Preparation of ICT Projects monthly finance information and engaging with the ICT Programme manager to review projects in detail
- Significant involvement in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve existing systems and processes
- Fixed asset register preparation and maintenance
You will be a part/fully qualified accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will be analytical, highly numerateand have experience working of liasiing with senior managers .
Strong IT and finance systems knowledge is also essential
Competitive salary and benefits package and study support if needed.
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PRATAP
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group
T: 0113 834 3170
M: 07792 268 602
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Senior Finance Analyst, Reference: GM / SFA". Thank you for your interest.