Salary: c £28,000 - £32,000
Reference: GM / 1709-445
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Accountancy Support
Closing date: 12/09/2018
Brewster Pratap are delighted to be working exclusively with LeedsBID (www.leedsbid.co.uk) in their search to recruit a Management Accountant.
Leeds Business Improvement District (LeedsBID) is one of the most exciting initiatives developed by the city’s business community in recent years.
Representing c 1,000 businesses and organisations, LeedsBID is focused on delivering an ambitious business plan to transform Leeds city centre – improving experiences, standards and adding value for all city users.
Leading on innovative projects and providing key investment, it aims to make Leeds city centre a cleaner, safer and more welcoming place, raising its profile nationally and internationally with new, diverse and prestigious events and exciting marketing campaigns.
Established on April 1st 2015, LeedsBID was voted for by city businesses and endorsed by the public sector. It was the 200th BID in the UK and is the largest outside of London.
Businesses within the BID area with a ratable value of £60,000 or above are required to make an annual contribution (a levy) of 1.25%, resulting in c £2.5m investment per year into the City Centre – more than £12m over the BID’s initial five-year term.
This is a newly created opportunity for an experienced management accountant to work for this exciting, fast paced not for profit organisation in the heart of Leeds city centre. Reporting into the Chief Executive, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Purchase ledger and sales ledger review and management
- Review of payroll information from outsourced provider and arrange payment
- Payroll journal postings
- Payment entry on banking system and provide authorisers with relevant paperwork
- Bank reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT return, confirmation statement and annual corporation tax return completion
- Petty cash reconciliation and journal postings
- Provide expenses information to outsourced provider for P11D submission
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Run cost centre reports and review with management team
- Support Financial Controller in quarterly forecasting and annual budget setting
- Make cost centre and project code amendments on general ledger system as required
- Support the Financial Controller in year-end accounts preparation
- To ensure that all reporting adheres to generally accepted accounting principles, BID rules and accounting standards.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work alone and in a team, possess excellent communication skills, have a can-do attitude and be able to work to tight deadlines. LeedsBID is a dynamic business so you will be an individual that thrives in a busy working environment. Initially this role is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020.
IT & Qualifications
Essential: general ledger package, advanced excel, ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or qualified by experience.
Desirable: Sage 50 or Sage 50 + Projects
- Full time
- 25 days per year holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Company health scheme
- City centre location
- Flexible working
- Salary c £28k - £32k
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PRATAP
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group
T: 0113 834 3170
M: 07792 268 602
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Management Accountant, Reference: GM / 1709-445". Thank you for your interest.