Head of Sales
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 plus benefits
Reference: ED / DSW-HOS
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 17/02/2018
DSW is a well-established SME which currently operates almost exclusively within the financial services and insurance sectors. With last three-year turnover averaging c£5.5m, DSW incorporates three brands covering: core consultancy and training; digital training solutions; and apprenticeship services.
DSW was established in 1999 and operates with a lean full-time employee headcount, complemented by having access to c850 quality assured Associates of the business. It has developed an excellent reputation for delivering objective, high quality work to many blue-chip clients and academic institutions.
The landscape for learning and development solutions is changing dramatically with less time devoted to traditional classroom learning in favour of more demand for digital, blended solutions and the Government initiative for encouraging the appointment and development of c3million apprentices in the next five years. DSW has already developed to address this changing landscape and is entering an exciting and challenging phase to grow the business to £10 million+ turnover within the next three years.
The founder and current MD is earmarked to take on the role of Chairman, which has created the opportunity to appoint a Head of Sales to take forward the company’s plans for growth and to continue to build on the successes achieved to date.
DSW has a clear strategy for growth and the role of Head of Sales will be to ensure the delivery of the strategic plan; challenging it when appropriate and adapting it should market conditions / new opportunities arise.
Initially you will take responsibility for delivering the sales plan, through your own sales expertise and collaborating with the MD and one team member. The team will expand and you will be responsible for the selection and appointment of new hires to undertake the four additional sales roles identified in the strategic plan. You will need to demonstrate sales excellence as an ambassador for DSW and cascade this approach to those you will manage.
You will be the key person responsible for new business development, covering everything from self-directed digital learning through to apprenticeship assessment.
Main areas of responsibility will focus on:
- Collaborating with the MD. Marketing Manager and heads of departments to create a sales plan that will deliver the agreed target revenues and margins
- Creating new customers that meet the strategic value needs of the business i.e. those that can spend more than £50-100K per annum with DSW
- Utilising the CRM to manage client relationships and the sales pipeline
- Embracing the DSW sales process, using the tools and enablers available to deliver a consultative, client centric, authentic sales approach with integrity
- Taking personal responsibility for making sales and managing key relationships as an ambassador for the business i.e. to lead from the front
- Preparing written responses and presentation pitches to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Organising and facilitating monthly sales meetings to evaluate progress against the agreed sales plan, using DSW financial dashboard information and CRM MI
- Organising and facilitating monthly key account meetings with selected clients and partners
- Managing the Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer and existing team member to agreed performance measures
- Recruiting and developing four new hires during 2018
- Agreeing and managing performance targets through regular one-to-one meetings
- Agreeing performance development plans and supporting achievement of agreed training needs
- Motivating and energising your team to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Contributing ideas to ensure the business growth in line with agreed business plan (both sales performance and profitability) and to meet the ever-increasing client demand
- Developing and communicating a clear vision of the sales function’s role in the growth and profitability strategy whilst translating into concrete action plans by all sales team members
We are looking for a self-starting professional with managerial experience, with a proven track-record in sales and relationship management. The ideal candidate will look forward to coming to work each day and helping customers find the right solutions for their learning needs.
The successful candidate will be qualified to at least second-degree level with 5+ years’ experience in sales management and over 10 years in direct or external sales (preferably B2B), with demonstrable experience of leading by example in a small to medium sized business environment.
Essential attributes include:
- Degree education or equivalent
- Strong background in consultancy / learning / business to business sales (preferably within the financial services sector)
- Possessing excellent sales experience and a history of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Prior experience in an SME environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Behaving with authenticity and integrity always
- Be results orientated, driven and resilient
Competitive basic salary
Employer sponsored pension scheme
Private Medical Insurance
Death in Service equivalent to five times basic salary
Annual bonus scheme
All direct applications will be forwarded to McBride Partners.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th November 2017.
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07762 572 170
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Head of Sales, Reference: ED / DSW-HOS". Thank you for your interest.